The Independent Editors Group is the premier professional affiliation of New York City-based, freelance editors/book doctors/ghostwriters who work with writers, editors, publishers and agents in trade book publishing.
- manuscript evaluations
- developmental and line editing
- consultation on book proposals and conceptual development
- ghostwriting and collaboration
- project development (esp. for self-published books)
Whenever you have a project calling for freelance editorial expertise, get in touch with the best editors in trade book publishing today to solve your manuscript problems.
Writers, contact us when...
- You need a professional's evaluation of your manuscript—not your family's, your friends', or your writers group's
- You would like your draft manuscript critiqued before...
Agents & publishers,
contact us when...
- A contracted manuscript is about to be cancelled unless it gets major re-writing/cutting— and the clock is running
- An author is unable to finish a book due to...
Self Publishing in 2014
Let’s discuss the present self-publishing side of things. I hate to say it but Amazon’s CreateSpace has an edge because you get an Amazon page. The toughest thing (out of many tough things) in self-publishing…